Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Bringing the Mullet Back!

Yesterday, Spencer was doing some homework that involved color, cut and paste.  While he was working I went back to change Emmalyn’s diaper, during the minute I was gone Hannah did a masterpiece on her hair.  As we were leaving she gave me some hair and said that the rest was all gone.  Sure enough quite a bit of her precious hair was gone.  Of course I cried, it took her 2 1/2 years to get what little hair she had and now I didn't know what to do.  Here are some shots of her DIY style do.

As you can see here there isnt much left on the sides.H1

She had two snips on her left side that she got practically all the way to the scalp.

H2In this shot you can see where she cut the bangs, which we were going to try and avoid and just grow out. h3

So I put everything else on hold and took her to several hair cutting places who didn’t know what they could do the make it better.  The first place said that the best thing to do was to buzz it all off.  They said it would grow in thicker when it grew back.  I quickly left that place when they wanted to turn my Hannah-girl as we like to call her into a chemo-baby.  The next place didn't even want to try because they were afraid of making it look even worse.   The place after that would try but they had a long wait so we ended up at a salon near Scott’s work so we could show him what she had done.  So the lady at this last place cut that last remaining tuft of hair off of her left side, evened up the bangs, trimmed a little on the right side (which Hannah hadn’t cut as much off of).  The pony tail that she was wearing at the time covers up some of what she did if you part her hair down the middle, but it doesn't like to stay that way as her natural part is over on her left, go figure.  So here is what she looks like now.

  P1020374So she will be wearing lots of cute hats for a while.P1020376

Here is a cute little video of her.

6 comments:

  1. So I just looked at a picture of Spencer and they look a lot a like now haha. She is adorable anyways! I have a mullet! :P Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess when you saw how close she got to her head, you could be greatful there was no blood. Her eyes are so big and beautiful, she really doesn't need much else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad! But on the plus side, it is better to have a daughter with a mullet than a daughter with a Mohawk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this. I mean, I'm sorry for your trauma, but that video is one of the funniest things ever! I watched the first couple seconds over and over and laughed so hard I cried. And I could use a good laugh after dealing with my little school buggers today...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and as for what Jessica said, there is a 9th grade girl here with a really intense mullet! And she was in the ballroom dance concert... and she had to duck a little extra to get under her partner's arm, lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. You mean a mohawk Nat? Yeah, I've watched the video about a million times. I love it. She is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete