Thursday, July 2, 2009

Sliders and Fries Anyone?

 

 DSC_0004 We wanted to surprise Scott with something special last week.  The kids wanted to make him cupcakes and I had run across some cute ones on a cooking blog a few weeks ago, so we decided to give it a try.  The buns are a yellow cake cupcake, the beef patties are brownies and the fries are sugar cookies.  They turned out so cute, they were even fairly easy to make, just time consuming.  The kids really had a blast putting the ketchup, mustard, and lettuce frosting on.  Note to any of you who want to try this, do not use ziplock sandwich type baggies as… , great now I cannot even think of the proper name, the cake decorating frosting bag thingies.  The kids burst all 3 of the bags by squeezing too hard.  It was a mess and I ended up having to dig out the decorator bags anyways.  Oh well, we all had a blast.  We even made some of them into Big Macs because the kids didn't like how I was not using the middle of the cupcakes.  We had Scott fooled.  When he first came home and saw them sitting on the table he thought that we had changed dinner plans on him and he thought that they were real burgers.

DSC_0001

2 comments: