Many of you know that we spent Friday night and Saturday morning in the ER and that Spencer has broken his arm. Here are some pictures Scott took from the ER with his phone.
They used a notebook as a splint, this picture was taken while in the waiting room:
All Spencer ever really complained about was how thirsty he was. He had been playing hard before this happened (around 8:30 pm) so he was really thirsty. He is our big water lover and has never been denied any water in his life so he really struggled with the fact that he could not get a drink. Spencer listened to my ipod, to try and relax. Just that morning I was looking at the playlist I had and almost deleted the one that I had made for when Emmalyn was born, which had lots of piano music and lullaby's, at the time I decided I would wait until I was at the computer before I deleted it but I think it was inspiration not to delete it because it really helped him calm down although this particular picture does not show it. This is also the only time I have ever even carried the earphones in my purse.
This is as fun shot of Spencer waking up from the sedation after they tried setting his arm the first time.
This is a picture of the x-ray taken from the side of his arm. The break is just to the right of the "x table" notation. His elbow is to the left and hand to the right side. Not only did he break both the ulna and radius he bent the bone as well. (I had no idea that bone could even bend, I thought that they just broke!)
This is the top view x-ray. The break is just to the right of the letter "L" on the x-ray. The bones in the hand were pulled back and shifted to the side.
The break was pretty severe, the orthopedic surgeon is still saying that there is a pretty good chance that they might have to go in and do surgery and put in some pins. We are lucky that it is his left hand. Today he is doing much better and in a lot less pain which is a really good sign as to that they are setting properly and hopefully wont need surgery. We will go back to the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow to get more x-rays and find out if they can cast it or if it needs more correction.
Spencer has been showered with goodies and gifts and is loving it. He received a nerf gun from a friend that he loves, but cant load by himself because he can only use the one arm, but he has fun with it nonetheless. Spencer love chocolate chip cookies and this is one of his favorite treats:
Since it is national Scrapbooking month here is the layout I made:




Poor little boy! Although when I heard this, after I got over the shock... I sat there thinking to myself "wow as much of a klutz he is, I'm surprised this is his first break!" Give him a hug and kiss for me and tell him to get feeling better!!
ReplyDelete