Yesterday was the kids’ first day of school. They are both really enjoying it and are happy with their new classes and friends. Although Spencer did complain that there were more girls from his kindergarten class than boys in his new class and also that Sarah G. was not one of the girls in his class. The school lost Spencer for a little bit, but not really. I got a phone call Monday morning a couple of hours into school asking if I was still planning on having Spencer attend or if they could give his spot up to one of the many kids on the waiting list. ME- Ummm… no you may not give his spot up, he is there right now. School Secretary – Oh he is marked absent, let me call into his class and make sure he is really there. At this point my heart is pounding, what do you mean my 5 year old was marked absent, I walked him into the class room I know he made it there safely, the teacher even took our picture together in the class, where could he be?! School Secretary – Ok, well the class is not in their room right now, I will go walk the campus and find him. I will give you a call back. A few minutes pass while I stare at the phone waiting for it to ring debating on driving down to school. Phone finally rings, Secretary- Well I wanted to keep in touch with you, I cannot find the class, I must have passed them in opposite halls. I am going to check again. I will call you with in 5 minutes if there is anything wrong. Me (to my self of course)- Oh great now you lost the whole class, are you kidding me? I still don't know how Spencer was marked absent but he and his entire class was found and all is well. Hannah is really struggling not having KK and Pence around to play with. She was the one sobbing on the first day of school leaving Spencer in his class and not getting to stay with him. She is constantly trying to get me in the car to go get them from school. She will run up to me and tell me “Oh-no mommy, we are going to be late, we have to go get the kids. Hurry, hurry.
Here are some first day of school pictures.
Kaitlyn on her first day of 2nd grade, she loves her “big girl” flats. Spencer’s is in First Grade, such a little stud.
The whole time we were taking pictures Hannah was in the background shouting “me turn, me turn”. She even snuck in on a few pictures so of course we could not exclude her.
I could not get a decent smile out of the kids, so I told them that I spread the peanut butter on their sandwiches with my big toe, and finally some of their cuteness popped out!
The jury is still out on whether I used a knife or a toe, I’ll never tell!
Way cute! I bought that skirt for Lexie. Poor Hannah--Lexie will be the same when Collin heads out and is gone all day!
ReplyDeleteThat last picture is way cute. Love the smiles. And I hear Emma is crawling now! You'll have to have Hannah keep an eye on her as she crawls around the house, then she gets to do something other than missing her siblings!
ReplyDelete